July 1, 2026 - Wednesday


It was the day of my teaching. I tried to just not think about it because I didn't want to get nervous, but it's crazy how much different I feel about teaching in front of this group of people than I did teaching in my Dwell ladies' group. I was SO nervous teaching my cell group, but this one was basically like, whatever. And I think it just speaks to how little I feel like people in this group actually know about putting together a good teaching and just the Bible, in general. I felt like, at Dwell, there was some kind of standard to live up to, whereas here, there is no standard. Anything you do is fine. I'm not saying it's a good thing about Meadow Park. I think it's kind of bad, actually. But at least I wasn't nervous! 

The day was wonderful, honestly. We stayed home all day, and I got the whole house clean. I brought the kids to BJJ at 11 and we stopped at Chick-fil-A for treats on the way home. Otherwise, we just hung out at the house. So fantastic.

Small group was ok. On the one hand, I felt slighted and upset that only 7 of the 22 people showed up tonight. Everyone just...skipped. Called out. Were no shows. But on the other hand, I prefer small groups. But it was a little hard to get past the sting of barely anyone being there. Seriously, just a nearly empty table. We've been splitting into smaller groups for discussion, but there was no point to that tonight! Even one of the 7 that were there ended up leaving multiple times to check on her kid. *sigh* I'm trying not to let any of these negative feelings stick. Just going to let it go. That's the plan, anyway. 

*Photo from many years ago, when we used to prioritize hiking and outdoor time, in general. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November 9, 2025 - Sunday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

May 7, 2026 - Thursday