July 21, 2026 - Tuesday
We were all SO excited to go to Wild & Free today! I had texted with all of my closest co-op friends to make sure they'd be there, the kids were all prepped, and I had lunch planned. However, late last night, we realized it might be raining. This morning, the weather predictions proved true and it stormed between 9 and 11. *sigh* All of my people backed out, and we ended up staying home too. You know I'm not going out hiking in the rain. That's a big, fat NO from me.
I spent the day, instead, researching new curriculums! I'm good with our main subjects curriculum through Sonlight. I still love that. But we need a refresh for our extracurriculars. I found some really cool art, music, and French plans and also found a great science book that I'd love to do with the kids. It's more functional science, like our bodies and how they process foods - how foods interact with our bodies. It sounds really useful! I'd like to get it, but it's pretty expensive and I already bought a science package for the year. I'll buy the music and art ones, but I need to think more about the French and Science ones though.
I checked out the Hilliard HC tonight. Unsurprisingly, Ben was in a horrible mood when he came home from work and took it out on everyone. The girls had a whole plan in place for how they were going to spend their evening and everyone started crying when they found out Ben wasn't up for trying the HC. Then, predictably, he got angry at everyone for not wanting him to be around because it's so much easier to act like everyone else is being jerks than realizing your behavior is what's making everyone want to avoid you. I feel for him, but I'm also so exasperated. Anyway, the HC was great. Everyone was very friendly, the teaching was good, and it was nice to sit and have real conversations with people. I enjoyed it a lot!


Comments
Post a Comment