July 20, 2026 - Monday
Today was about as perfect as the day after coming home from vacation can be. Laundry, relaxation, tea, lunch out with Ollie (more on that later), picking up the tortoise, and some gardening. It was a nice day. I did get my period and had a killer headache all day, but since I had nowhere to be, it wasn't so bad.
Ollie, however, was a pain in the ass. She's been really whiny lately and getting this entitled kind of attitude. Ben and I are both feeling very frustrated with her. I had enough today though. I took her on a date to Panera, where she did not thank me for lunch. Then I took her over to Target to look for sparklers, which they did not have, and was complained to for the entire time we were there. I did her makeup in the little fancy makeup area and sprayed her with perfume, and we walked all around looking at art supplies and whatnot. On the way out the door she said, "I thought dates were supposed to be fun" with a grimace on her face. I told her our next couple dates would be at the house because I was not going to continue spending money on her and driving her around when she clearly does not appreciate it. Later, she failed to thank me for something else I did, so she got a 3 and had to write a list of 10 things she's grateful for. It took her about an hour to come up with those 10 things and about 5 of them were me specific. That was a little frustrating, because it felt like she was kissing up or something, but she got the list done. You'd think that would be it for behavior for the day, but no. She continued to get counted throughout the day. She is struggling lately! Hopefully as things get settled back into a more typical routine, she'll calm down.
I agreed to help out with the Meadow Park VBS next week and I am absolutely dreading it. I have no interest in participating in this whatsoever. Feeling very trapped into it! Maybe it won't be as bad as it seems. 😭



Comments
Post a Comment