July 13, 2026 - Monday
Today was a big, family-centered day. I mean, they all are at Cherrystone, but we had our Bowman family cornhole competition and our everyone family dinner today. So, before all of that kicked off, Ben and I took the kids to the pool. It made me a little grumpy because I don't like rushing out of the house in the morning, especially on vacation. But Ben's vacation mode and my vacation mode are very different. He always wants to be doing something and I really want to take the opportunity to do nothing. But then I feel guilty sitting around at home while he takes the kids places. Therefore, I rushed out of the house with everyone to be at the pool when it opened. We hung out for about an hour and then came back to eat lunch before the competition started.
I'm no pro at cornhole. I'm decent - probably like lower, middle-of-the-road. Normally, I'm paired up with someone much better than me and we can make it towards the top of the 15 teams. However, this time I was paired with Marisa, who is terrible, and we were probably the worst team this year. I was sad because, even with double elimination, we were out quickly. Ben's team didn't do too much better than mine, but Jonas's team made second place! He was very excited. He was throwing tons of 3-pointers by the end of the tournament. In the end, Nolan and Noah won. Nobody was very surprised. They're on a league together and are both very good. Somehow they were paired up with each other. 🙄
Family dinner tonight was great. The food was good and so was the company. We all hung out together for the rest of the night.






Comments
Post a Comment