July 28, 2026 - Tuesday


Day two of VBS was good. We're in more of a routine now and the kids have opened up a bit more and are feeling more comfortable. I need to spend some time praying for them tonight. I snuck this picture today. We're not supposed to have our phones out OR take pictures of the kids, but since she's mine, I made an exception for myself. 😬 I don't know why she's always got to be so dang miserable around other people, though. That's just the face she puts on nowadays! I'm sure it's just a phase, but I do miss her being openly happy and not hiding her happiness behind a mask of indifference and/or disgust. She's only 7 for goodness' sake!

I went to Graeter's with Kristen after VBS today and it was good to get some real time to talk to her. We're going through some similar things with our husbands and our own emotional/mental health. We have similarly aged kids and both have four of them. We got to talk about homeschooling, and discipline, and marriage, and we got to pray together. It was very good. She's lost so much confidence over the years. I wish I knew of a way for her to get some back!! She's so faithful and determined in her relationship with God. It's really cool to see. 

Things with Ben actually didn't feel bad today. Very grateful for that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 27, 2026 - Monday

April 27, 2026 - Monday

July 25, 2026 - Saturday